Nuffnang

Friday, August 24, 2012

Have your cake and eat it

Yes this is one of my backposts. It's been a while since I last went to Flor Patisserie. The last I went, I just simply couldn't resist the cakes. Mama mia!!




Flor Patisserie
#01-01, 2 Duxton Hill
Singapore 089588
Phone:  6223 8628
Monday to Saturday: 11am- 7pm
Sunday (Public Holidays):  11am- 6pm
Flor Patisserie

When I went there, I literally went to the counter. Ok I want this, this, that and that. Please wrap it up for me. I'm so going home to savour all the beauties, with Mr G of course. Did I mention that beside being a curry fanatic, Mr G is a dessert lover too? In fact, he loves his desserts alot more than me.

Let's see what beauties do we have here.


Napoleon
The Napoleon wouldn't really be deemed a cake in its real sense as it has a whole lot more of puff pastry rather than cake. But trust me, if you are a sucker for puff pastry like me or at least a person who loves the crumbly buttery but yet light bits, you will be delighted! This is absolutely what I love about the Mille Feuille. The mixture of cake between cream and puff pastry makes it light yet yummilicious. A die die must try (in my honest opinion) which deserves the earned 'best seller' tag in the shop.  


Berry Berries

Berry Berries is a good choice for those people who love light cakes that will give you the smile because they are so light and so good. This is Chef Yamashita's signature strawberry shortcake that consists of very soft spongecake, fresh strawberries and of course, cream.

Strawberry souffle

Having eaten the Berry Berries, the strawberry souffle now seem passe. So my take is, take either one - Berry Berries or Strawberry souffle. 

Cacao Royal
The Cacao Royal has dark chocolate sponge that has alternate layers of chocolate ganache, covered with chocolate glaze and mixed fruits. Not a wow wow for me.

Having tried all these, I decided to order a birthday cake for LT to surprise her. Boy, the cake looks fantastic in its totality. She adores the strawberry souffle :)





No comments: