Nuffnang

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips

Each time we have a potluck in IHCC, I always love to look for Nigella Lawson. Yes she is definitely one of my favourite person to cook from. I know I can always depend on her recipes and it will turn out just the way I like it :) Yes I promise for our future upcoming potlucks, I will look towards other chefs as well. Just for November, it's Nigella Lawson.

I've decided to bake Nigella Lawson's banana muffins. This recipe is from her book, Nigella Express. It is definitely very fitting for that book. If you take a glance at the recipe below, it is really express and don't need a lot of ingredients or equipment for this recipe. In fact, I merely used my whisk and spoon to mix and no use of mixer at all. It's amazing right? Sometimes you just don't need to use your mixer, grinder, etc for a yummy treat and it works just as well. Best of all, you have less dishes to wash as well :) See my modifications in blue.

Ingredients:

  • very ripe bananas
  • 125 ml vegetable oil
  • large eggs
  • 250 grams plain flour
  • 100 grams caster sugar
  • ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
  • teaspoon baking powder
  • 150 grams butterscotch morsels (or chocolate) chocolate chips

Method:

  1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6/400°F 160°C and line a 12-bun muffin tin with muffin papers.
  2. Mash the bananas and set aside for a moment.
  3. Pour the oil into a jug and beat in the eggs.
  4. Put the flour, sugar, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder into a large bowl and mix in the beaten-egg-and-oil mixture, followed by the mashed bananas.
  5. Fold in the butterscotch morsels, then place equal quantities in the prepared muffin tin - I use an ice cream scoop and a spatula - and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.


Do not, I repeat, do not take the look of these banana muffins for granted. When I first saw them out from the oven, I was like, yeah they will just be like any muffins. Whilst they were still warm, Mr G couldn't wait any longer and took a huge bite from one of them. Then I heard no sounds from him except sounds of him savouring them with such delight. I was looking at him doing it one muffin after the other. Then I thought, could it really be that good? So I decided to try one for myself. My initial thought was to try just a mouthful to have an idea what is going into Mr G's mouth. Aha!! Before I knew it, I finished the whole muffin. The thought of putting chocolate chips was a brilliant idea! Thanks Nigella!!

Just as I took the picture of these muffins, Mr G said there's more bananas. Maybe you can bake one more batch of these. I can finish them up for you. HAHAHA!! Ok, point taken. I will definitely have to bake one more batch.

I'm submitting this post to I Heart Cooking Clubs.


No comments: