Nuffnang

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Creamy Coleslaw

Sometime late last month, I took a long break of almost 2 weeks to China to breathe and experience its culture, air, people and scenery. It was a good break from reality, city and the plain ol' Singapore. Yes, it was definitely something I needed. I'll put up the beautiful pictures of the culture, people and scenery really soon.

Since I got back, I had been falling sick one after the other. It's really tiring and weary to feel under the weather the whole time. I really feel so tired emotionally, physically and even mentally.

Now I'm slowly getting back to the momentum and it's really the end of November already! The time has just passed so quickly that I cannot even believe it at all. This is the last Cook like a Star with Bobby Flay. Have you cooked or baked with Bobby Flay yet?

Much earlier, I made Bobby Flay's creamy coleslaw. And it was meant to be a side for a burger but I didn't manage to make the burger in the end. But I definitely chowed down the coleslaw by itself. And I love the addition of dry mustard - something that Mr G didn't quite like though. It's ok, at times there must be something that I liked that Mr G doesn't right?

This recipe is from Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction. See my modifications/comments in blue.

Ingredients:
  • 1 head of cabbage, finely shredded
  • 2 large carrots, finely shredded
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 tbsp sour cream
  • 2 tbsp spanish grated onion
  • 2 tbsp sugar, to taste
  • 2 tbsp white vinegar
  • 1 tbsp dry mustard
  • 2 tsp celery salt
  • salt and freshly ground pepper
Method: 
  1. Combine the shredded cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
  2. Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, sugar, vinegar, mustard, celery salt, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, and then add to the cabbage mixture.
  3. Mix well to combine and taste for seasoning; add more salt, pepper, or sugar if desired.
  4. Refrigerate for about half hour or more and use it for many uses if you like.



I think it was the yellowish tinge in my editing software that gave my creamy coleslaw that look. If you think it was the yellow mustard, I would say yes, it's a tad bit but overall, the creamy coleslaw is so good you can eat it on its own or with burgers and burger patties. Yums!! Do try if you are looking for an easy and reliable coleslaw recipe. This won't fail you for sure.

Honestly, if you know me, you will know that I'm a sucker for easy peasy recipes. Recipes that are so easy you don't even have to spend half a day in the kitchen just prepping and baking or cooking the food. This is for the plain reason that the mathematics of this don't lie. If you spend 2 hours or more prepping and cooking/baking the food, end of day, the food just finishes in less than half hour. It doesn't justify, right? Hehe

I'm submitting this post to Cook like a Star that I'm co-hosting together with Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Yen of Eat your Heart Out. To join, simply cook or bake any recipe from Bobby Flay for the whole month of November 2014.

Your post must be a current post i.e. posted in November 2014 - no old posts would be accepted. Please mention "Cook like a Star" in your post and link back to Zoe of Bake for Happy KidsYen of Eat your Heart Out and Grace of Life can be Simple.


I'm also submitting this post to Cook-Your-Books #18 organized by Joyce of kitchenflavours.

 photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg

Link up your recipe of the week

No comments: