Nuffnang

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Banana and Macadamia Nut Chiffon Cake

As you probably would have guessed, I'm still pretty fascinated by the combination of banana and macadamia nut. After my last bake on this combi of cupcakes that I made, I thought I recalled seeing a similar recipe somewhere. Then I realised that it was from Lauren Chattman's 'Cake Keeper's Cakes' - Banana and Macadamia Nut Chiffon Cake. With some extra bananas and macadamia nuts, I set out to attempt this recipe.

With the help of my brand new chiffon tube pan, I was exhilarated to see how much batter that can fill the whole tube pan. Tell you a secret, I have never used a chiffon tube pan before. My usual chiffon tin was just a tin that has removable base which you can push it from the bottom. Now this is awesome!! 


Did you see 2 chiffons baking? - my new chiffon tube pan on the left and my old chiffon tin on the right
Yes you have definitely guessed right. This recipe is definitely huge!! My chiffon tube pan was 9 inch and it was almost filled to 3/4 full and I had to use another 6" chiffon tin to fill the rest.

Today is a public holiday and it's our first time going to see little Gwyneth Ng so we thought we bring her mummy and daddy a yummy gift ;)




From the looks of it, you can tell I definitely need more baking of chiffon cakes. Although the macadamia nuts were pretty well chopped, I think some of the heavier bits sank to the bottom and caused the little pocky dotty bits in the inset picture above. But a consolation is, Mummy LT found it very soft and moist :):)

No comments: