Lately, I've been into this Korean craze for food, mainly for its flavour and spiciness. Yes, I'm totally in love with Gochujang - spiciness without added ingredients like shrimps etc.
|Gochujang (hot pepper paste)|
I remembered once I came across this recipe for chicken (my favourite!) using gochujang, I thought why not? You may want to try it too, it was a sure winner with Mr G.
Recipe adapted from Week of Menus Korean Spicy Chicken Wings
1 kg chicken wings or drumlets
2-4 tbsp gochujang (depending on how much spice you can take)
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp soy sauce
3-5 tbsp cooking wine (I only put 3tbsp)
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp minced ginger
3 tbsp sesame oil
- After removing the fats from under the skin of the drumlets, wipe the drumlets dry and pour all the ingredients over the drumlets.
- Rub the drumlets with the mixed ingredients and marinate the drumlets overnight.
- Preheat oven to 160 degree celsius for about 10 minutes.
- Place baking paper over your baking tray and place the chicken drumlets on the lined baking tray. Cook for about 30 minutes (remember to turn the drumlets over so both sides will be brown).
- After 30 minutes, brush marinade onto one side of the drumlets and let it cook for about 2-3 minutes at about 180 degree celsius. Repeat for the other side of the drumlets.
- Serve while hot.
|my gochujang chicken drumlets|
|close up look of the drumlets|
It was spicy and savoury with a tinge of sweetness. Absolutely yummilicious! Even if you do not have an oven, you should still try to cook this. Yes, the happycall pan does work with this too :)