Nuffnang

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pork chops

Today is the eve of the start of a long holiday for the weekend. Many people have gone away for a short trip but some have not. If you have not gone away just like me, what are you doing? Lazing your weekend away? Catching up on some reading, watching drama or meeting up with friends?

For me, I prepared this about 2 days back so that I could cook this today. I rarely cook pork chops for the fear of not being able to cook them nicely. But with this easy to cook recipe, I think I'm ready to try more interesting recipes in future. Not sure if you have similar vibes like me :)


Korean bbq pork chops

Caramelized pineapple rings

If you are keen to try this easy recipe, here it is. It was adapted from  色香味 magazine according to my taste.

Ingredients:

6 pork chops
4 tbsp rice wine
4 tbsp light soy sauce
4 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp minced ginger
pepper or black pepper
4 tbsp sesame oil
2-3 stalks spring onions, sliced

Method:
  1. Marinate the pork chops with rice wine for about 15 mins. Then add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Keep refrigerated overnight. (I literally refrigerated them for 2 days)
  2. Heat the happycall pan over medium fire and pan fry the pork chops till they are all brown and slightly charred. Whilst you are doing this, you can throw in 1-2 sliced red onions to add to the sweetness of the pork chops.
  3. When you are done with the pork chops, you can caramelize pineapple rings in the happycall pan.

The sweetness of the pineapple rings and onions blend well with the savoury taste of the pork chops as they have been well marinated with the ingredients. Mr G gave it a thumbs up rather than the sliced pork that I've tried with this recipe last week.

This recipe is a keeper!

No comments: