Nuffnang

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Hokkaido chiffon cupcakes

A while back, you would probably notice that many bakeries or little confectionaries have been coming up with this new dessert in town - hokkaido chiffon. For sometime, people in Singapore have been very much into Japanese desserts for the simple fact that they taste so soft, fresh and very nice. I manage to find the recipe so thought I could give it a try too.

Recipe by Nasi Lemak Lover (I adapted it a little)

Ingredients:
3 egg yolks
20g caster sugar
35g corn oil
60g milk
70g cake flour
3 egg white
25g castor sugar
Custard Filling:
60g dairy whipping cream
10g castor sugar
1tsp instant custard powder (substituted this with cornflour)
some icing sugar for dusting
Method:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 160C.
  2. Arrange paper liners on baking tray.
  3. Hand whisk egg yolk and sugar till pale in colour.
  4. Add in corn oil and milk, mix well.
  5. Sift in cake flour, stir to combine.
  6. Beat egg white until foamy, gradually add sugar, and continue beat till soft peak form.
  7. Take 1/3 of egg white and use a hand whisk to mix into egg yolk batter.
  8. Fold in the remaining egg white foam with a spatula till well combine. Do not over-stir.
  9. Scoop batter into pre-arranged paper liners to about ¾ full.
  10. Bake for 20-25 mins at middle rack.
  11. Beat whipping cream with sugar till firm and stiff.
  12. Add in custard powder, mix well.
  13. Pipe custard cream into cupcake and dust with icing sugar. Refrigerated before consume.




Just before baking

While in the oven...


look at how the little pretties bloom

after piping in the custard cream, my little pretty sunk :(

after all the piping of the custard cream

It's strange to see how these pretty little chiffon cuppies have shrunk after I took them out from the oven. I will find out why and perhaps muster more courage to make more soon.

I've been told I need to beef up on my picture taking skills. I am trying. Perhaps I haven't been too much into how pictures look, the various angles, how they can just look so different. I managed to play around with some apps and these are what I've got. Hopefully, in time to come, my skills will get more honed :) Do stay on for more.

No comments: