Nuffnang

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Mini dark chocolate brownies

This week is Nibbles and Noshes at IHCC. Although for me, nibbles always come in savoury form, this time round I would like to have a sweet dessert nibble. I decided to make Ellie Krieger's dark chocolate brownies but in a mini version. I have bookmarked this recipe for a long time but didn't know why I just never managed to make it. Finally I did!! I didn't regret it for sure.

This recipe is from Ellie Krieger's Comfort Food Fix. See! I told you I like this book already!! Hehe! See my modifications in blue.
Ingredients:
Nonstick cooking spray
227g bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
28.35g unsalted butter (I used salted butter and omitted salt)
100g whole-grain pastry flour or whole-wheat flour
29.5g unsweetened natural cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
4 large eggs
200g packed light brown sugar (I used only 180g)
120g plain low-fat yogurt
54.89g canola oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional (I used chocolate chips instead)
Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9X13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
  2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a double broiler or heatproof bowl set over a pot of barely simmering water, stirring occasionally.
  3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until smooth. Add the yogurt, oil, and vanilla and whisk to combine. Add the chocolate-butter mixture and whisk until blended. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing just enough to moisten.
  4. Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and sprinkle with nuts, if desired. Bake until the wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs, 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into 24 pieces.
 
 
These mini brownies did look like cookies right? Trust me, after taking them out from the mini moulds, the rest were history. So hence, I didn't have a better picture than this one.
 
I'm submitting this post to I Heart Cooking Clubs Nibbles and Noshes.
 




No comments: