Nuffnang

Monday, October 26, 2015

Parmesan Crusted Chicken

It is once again our potluck week for the month at I Heart Cooking Clubs. This time round, I chose Ellie Krieger as I cannot get enough of her. Haha literally of course!!

This time, I made her Parmesan Crusted Chicken for our weeknight dinner. It was a hit with Mr G!! He finished it in a jiffy not just because he was hungry but also he didn't expect to have a chicken meal taste this good.

This recipe is from Ellie Krieger's Weeknight Wonders. I love that book! See my modifications in blue.
 
Ingredients:
 
3/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated) I used parmesan cheese powder
4 skinless chicken breasts I used chicken fillets instead of breasts
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
a few dashes of red chilli pepper
 
Method:
  1. Coarsely grate the parmesan cheese. I omitted this step as I was using parmesan cheese powder.
  2. Put the chicken in between sheets of plastic wrap and pound it out to an even thickness of about ½ inch. As I used chicken fillets, I omitted the step of pounding the chicken. Rub the top side of the chicken pieces with half of the mustard, then sprinkle with half the cheese, pressing lightly so it adheres, and season with half the pepper. Flip the chicken pieces over and repeat on the other side.
  3. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and cook, without moving it, until the cheese on the bottom forms a deep brown crust that releases fairly easily from the pan, 3-4 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side, cooking until the chicken is cooked through, about three minutes more.

This can also be baked in the oven wherein you can flip to the other side of the fillets after a few minutes when the cheese has crusted. I'm sure I'll make this again. Mr G loves it so much!! You must definitely try!!

I'm submitting this post to I Heart Cooking Clubs October Potluck.


 
I'm also submitting this post to Cook-Your-Books#27 by Joyce of kitchenflavours.

 photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg
    Link up your recipe of the week

No comments: