Nuffnang

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake

This is another of my backposts where it just sits in the draft folder and then I realised oh geez, I've not even posted this brilliant recipe. Yes, I'm a procrastinator, you can call me that.

I must admit that I'm not a cheesecake fan and by that I just simply mean I don't literally crave for cheesecakes but given a good cheesecake or if the mood allows, I will definitely indulge in one.

At that time when I made this, it was to bring to a friend's place for our get-together and it was because my friend's family loved blueberry cheesecake so I thought why not try one of Nigella's? You know, Nigella never fails right?

I know Nigella has several cheesecakes and this looks lighter? Let's try, taste and we'll know ;) This recipe is from Nigella's Nigella Express. See my modification(s) in blue.

Ingredients:

  • 125 grams crumbled digestive biscuits
  • 75 grams soft butter
  • 300 grams cream cheese (used SCS cream cheese instead of the usual philadelphia cream cheese)
  • 60 grams icing sugar
  • teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ½ teaspoon lemon juice
  • 250 ml double cream
  • 1 x 284 grams jar black cherry spread (e.g., st dalfour rhapsodie de fruit) 1/2 can of blueberry spread
Method:
  1. Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until beginning to turn to crumbs, then add the butter and whiz again to make the mixture clump.
  2. Press this mixture into a 20cm / 8 inch springform tin; press a little up the sides to form a slight ridge.
  3. Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth.
  4. Lightly whip the double cream, and then fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
  5. Spoon the cheesecake filling on top of the biscuit base and smooth with a spatula. Put it in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.
  6. When you are ready to serve the cheesecake, unmould it and spread the black cherry blueberry spread over the top.
  7. Additional information - for vegetarians make sure the cream cheese is a brand suitable for vegetarians.
 

Did I even mention that this non-bake cheesecake is smashingly good? It was pretty interesting to note that cream cheese from SCS can gel so well with the biscuit base and blueberry spread. Try this if you are looking for a non-bake version. Highly recommended.
 
I'm submitting this post to Cook-Your-Books#15 organized by Joyce of kitchenflavours.
 
 photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg
 
Link up your recipe of the week

No comments: