Nuffnang

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Berry Yoghurt Muffins

I'm getting a brand new start in my life -  new workplace, new colleagues, new bosses and new environment. Yes many new things in my life. It's not easy to step out into the world once again after being in the comfort zone for so many years. But well, if we never take that step out, we will never know. Don't you agree? Someone asked me what if I fail in this new step ahead? Well, at least I tried and have done it. That is what I owe to myself :) 

With this quote below, I want to encourage those that are discouraged in any parts of their lives to believe in running your own race because indeed, it's all you can do. Then the rest you can leave it to God.


Source: www.photoswithquotes.com
On a lighter note, although I haven't gone back full force into baking and cooking yet, I still miss all those yummies I whip up once in a while. I decided to try this quick one since I'm craving for something for teabreak at work tomorrow.

I remembered it's still Cook like a Star anniversary! I decided to bake something by Bill Granger. If you read through many of Bill's books, you would realise that breakfast is his most favourite meal of the day.

To me, his berry yoghurt muffins will definitely depict just that with the burst of berries in your mouth to give you a great start for the day.

This recipe is from his book, Best of Bill. Do note that this recipe yields about 12 muffins depending on how big your muffin cases are.

Ingredients:

185g self-raising flour (substitute it with 185g all purpose flour, 2 1/4 baking powder and 3/8 tsp salt)
150g wholemeal self-raising flour I used all purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon powder
155g brown sugar
250ml buttermilk
125g low fat plain yoghurt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tbsp veg canola oil
440g chopped mixed berries

Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 180 160°C (350°F, gas mark 4). Line a 12-hole, 125ml (4 fl oz) capacity muffin tin with paper cases.
  2. Sift the two flours and cinnamon together into a large bowl.
  3. Stir in the sugar and then make a well in the centre.
  4. Pour the buttermilk, yogurt, eggs and oil into a large bowl and whisk with a fork until just combined.
  5. Pour into the well in the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until just combined.
  6. Add the berries and stir until just combined (do not over-mix or your muffins will be tough. The batter should still be lumpy with bits of flour, don't worry, they will sort out with baking them in the oven).
  7. Spoon into the muffin tin and bake for 20 mins, or until golden.



The berries do give a nice burst of fruit in the muffin. However, I think if I mix it a little less, it would be less doughy @@ Nevertheless, I think it's a good try for a 'comeback'! ;)


I'm submitting this to Cook like a Star ALL Stars Anniversary organized by Zoe of Bake for Happy KidsJoyce of bakingflavours and Mich of Piece of Cake.


I'm also submitting this to Cook-Your-Books#11 organized by Joyce of bakingflavours.


No comments: