Have you tried THE totally chocolate chocolate chip cookies? From Nigella of course. If you haven't, you really must! ;) She is one who knows her chocolates well indeed.
For a long while, I've bookmarked this recipe from Nigella Express but it's only till now that I've a chance to make it. Yes, so many things to do but so little time to do them. I need more hours!! Do you feel that way too?
For me, the most important thing right now is to get moving with the recipe!! I can't wait ;P
125g dark chocolate (min 70% cocoa solids)
150g plain flour
30g cocoa powder (sieved)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
125 butter (softened)
90g light brown sugar
50g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 medium egg (cold)
350g dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave oven or via the double boiling method which would be a metal dish over a simmering pot of water.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Cream the butter and sugars together in another bowl.
- Add the melted chocolate and mix together.
- Beat in the vanilla extract and cold egg, and then mix in the dry ingredients.
- Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out 12 equal mounds using an ice-cream scoop and place them in a lined baking sheet about 6cm apart. Do not flatten them.
- Bake for about 13 to 15 minutes until the cookies are slightly firm on the edges. Do not fret - the tops of the cookies will look and feel soft. They will harden when cooled.
- Leave them to cool on the baking sheet for about 4-5 mins before transferring them to a wire rack.
I just had a small piece of this totally chocolate chocolate chip cookie and I was really moaning in delight at the taste of this dark rich chocolate. Awesome!!! Now, I need a glass of cold milk :)
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #36: Choc-a-cookie (October 2013) hosted by Genie of Honeybee916Food.
I'm also submitting this recipe to Cook-Your-Books#5 organized by Joyce of kitchenflavours.