Nuffnang

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Banana Macadamia Nut Bread

The last time the sister went to Aussie, she brought back some macadamia nuts and it didn't seem too long ago. Since then, I haven't decided what to do with them. 

It's been so long since I last baked the banana bread that Mr G loves so much so I thought I made them for a special breakfast surprise.

For ease of reference, I'm going to state the recipe below again. This recipe was from Flour's but I modified it a bit in blue.

Ingredients:

208g all purpose plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 tsp ground cinnamon (slightly less than 1/2 tsp - whoever can find 1/3 tsp anyway?)
1/2 1/4 tsp salt
225g 200g caster sugar
2 eggs
109g canola oil
1/2 bananas, very ripe and mashed (If you use the big Del Monte bananas from the supermarket, reduce it to 3. If not, you may use about 4 small to medium bananas)
2 tbsp creme fraiche or sour cream or yoghurt (I used yoghurt)
1 tsp vanilla extract
78g walnuts macadamia nuts, chopped and toasted

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F 170 degree celsius. Line the bottom of the loaf pan with parchment paper. I used bakespray and lined the loaf pan with parchment paper thereafter.
  2. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. 
  3. Beat sugar and eggs with a whisk until light and fluffy for about 10 minutes or so. 
  4. Drizzle in the oil. 
  5. Add mashed bananas, creme fraiche yoghurt and vanilla extract. 
  6. Fold in dry ingredients and nuts.
  7. Pour in the lined loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. I used about 1 hour to bake and also around 15 minutes or so, I tented the top of the loaf pan with parchment paper to avoid overbrowning. See how brown the top of my loaf looked above.
How does my banana bread look for a Sunday breakfast? :):)


I'm also submitting this post to Cook-Your-Books #4 organized by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours.

No comments: