Nuffnang

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Ho Chi Minh Day 2

Before we head back to our red dot, this is the last of our short trip to Ho Chi Minh. And what would Ho Chi Minh be without a little history?

With that, we headed straight for its Notre Dame Cathedral. It is a famous landmark in Ho Chi Minh with its neo-Romanesque style architecture and sacred atmosphere. Shan't go into the details of how it came about.

View of the Notre Dame Cathedral
Next to the Notre Dame Cathedral is where the Central Post Office is. It is the largest post office in Vietnam and is worth visiting for its architecture.



I simply adore the nostalgic feel of the Post Office. Incidentally, in case you do not already know, it was designed and constructed by the famous architect Gustave Eiffel. 


Check out the cute red phone booths that's in the Post Office.


Seriously, this Post Office is HUGE! And yes, it's just a post office (no pun intended).

Before we headed back, we had Vietnamese food at Lemongrass which is really near our hotel.



Did I mention that I'm a sucker for spring rolls? Ok, let me get that right. I definitely do mean, fried spring rolls. No way am I going for the fresh spring rolls, regardless of how fresh they. I tried them fresh before but I'm still giving the thumbs up for the fried ones. Yeah, I'm a fried junkie.


Yes as you would have guessed, these are the ones that BFF had. She loves them, says it's good. Yeah, to each her own. I love mine fried. Period. :)

And that is the end of Ho Chi Minh. Till the next time.

No comments: