I have been wondering about the combination of cheese and chocolate. This thought was inspired by Joyofbaking with her black bottom cakes. Hence, I did a bit of research and managed to find one which I did some tweaking to :)
Recipe adapted from Justataste
Ingredients for brownie batter:
- 4 large eggs (I just used the normal eggs I could find)
- 140g cocoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 vanilla pod or 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp instant espresso powder, mixed with 2 tsp water
- 200g sugar (original recipe says 450g but I cannot bring myself to put so much sugar)
- 226.8g unsalted butter (melted)
- 195g cake flour (sifted)
Ingredients for cheesecake filling:
- 226.8g cream cheese (I use Philadelphia)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, baking cocoa, salt, baking powder, espresso powder mixed with water and vanilla pod until well combined.
- Stir in sugar and melted butter until well incorporated, then stir in the flour. (Best to use a rubber spatula to mix). Set brownie batter aside.
- In another bowl, stir cream cheese, sugar and egg yolk until well combined. Transfer mixture to a pastry bag for piping.
- Using a non-stick mini muffin pan, spoon a tablespoon of brownie batter into the muffin cups. Pipe some cheesecake filling over the brownie batter and top off each cup with an additional teaspoon of brownie batter.
- Bake for about 12 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the brownie bites cool for about 10 minutes and then enjoy warm.