Nuffnang

Friday, August 31, 2012

Happiness...

Have you ever pondered over what is happiness? I know I have, every once in a while or every now and then.

According to Dictionary.com, it means pleasure, joy, bliss, contentedness, delight, enjoyment, satisfaction, etc. These words seem so simple but yet to many, it's hard to find or even understand.

Perhaps this really is what happiness is all about.


When was the last time you took a long warm bath? When you did, did you feel a warm fuzzy feeling that makes you smile? :)

Or could it be this?


Yes indeed I do think that happiness often sneaks in when you least expects it :) The funniest part about this would probably be that what you think makes you the happiest is the thing that makes you miserable. Ah, that reminds me of when I had to do a painful detox to try to bring that weight down. hahaha Ok, this is not an excuse not to watch the scales but more of a point where I've learnt to live and let live :)

So back to the original point, what does happiness means to you? For me, I think it's mainly simplicity and I mean, simple bliss. That to me means having Mr G chat with me telling me how he feels and what he feels insecure about. I feel happy that I am important enough for him to want to tell me how he truly feels and when I see him smile and being truly happy, that itself is happiness to me.

The other fact would probably be, when I see people around me eat the food or bakes that I've cooked with much love, that is ultimate happiness to me. The whole thing is not about being self gratified on the sense of satisfaction that what I've cooked/baked is good, it's mainly about spreading my love to them. That is what happiness means to me.

So what does it mean to you? Do share.

Last but not least, happiness is not one big thing. It's all the little things put together.


No comments: