Nuffnang

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Sweet Corn Chiffon Cake

When was the last time you had corn? Or at least sweet corn for that matter. I believe I haven't had mine the last time since I stepped into a pasar malam - hot steamed corn with butter YUMS. In case if you are wondering what's a pasar malam, it's basically a night market where there's lots of stalls that sells food of all kinds, clothes, knicks and knacks.

Lately I came across this event "Little Thumbs Up" from Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from my little favourite DIY which simply is using healthy ingredients in the food we cook or bake for our families and loved ones. And I thought it's a brilliant idea! The best of it, you need not be a member but yet, able to participate in it. For April 2013, the healthy ingredient is CORN.

I remember seeing a sweet corn chiffon cake recipe from Kevin Chai before and I thought, why not try that? To be honest, I haven't tried sweet corn in the canned form before and also, it's been a while since I last baked a chiffon cake.

As the chiffon cake technique isn't too difficult but yet needs some concentration, I find it hard to take pictures while doing that so I'll just redirect you to this recipe from Lena instead.

I've only mixed plain flour with some cake flour which brought it to 100g plain flour and 20g cake flour. This is by no means something deliberate but mainly because I ran out of plain flour. Yeah I was almost close to hitting my head on the wall for that. Ok just kidding!

Let's see how my Sweet Corn Chiffon Cake turned out! Can you see the corn kennels in the midst of the cake? By the way, the cake is super soft and 'boink boink' (in terms of texture) but yet able to hold a slice on its top ;)




This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe, Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Esther from Copycake Kitchenat this post.

It's still not too late till end of April yet. So do join in the fun and have healthy food for your families and loved ones!!

3 comments:

kitchen flavours said...

Hi Grace,
That is one lovely chiffon cake! The last time I've made any corn cakes was before I started my blog and it was years ago! haha!
Your cake must be fragrant from the pleasant aroma of the corns!
A slice or two would be great with either Kopi-O or Teh-O!
Wish you a lovely delicious Sunday!

Esther Lau said...

Hi Grace, my pleasure to be here. Your chiffon cake looks soft and great with the corns.Thank you very much for submitting your post to LTU.

Zoe said...

Hi Grace,

Your corn chiffon cake looks very soft, light and fluffy. With corn, it must be a little sweet and salty with lots of fragrance too. YUMMY!

Zoe