Nuffnang

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Vinaigrette in a Jar

On most days, you wouldn't probably see me post a salad at all. Haha!! Yes I do eat my vegetables but protein is equally important to me.
 
When I found out that our theme for this week at IHCC is Salads and Vinaigrettes, I was pretty intrigued as I found a super easy peasy vinaigrette from Jacques Pepin at Jacques and Julia at Home. Yes, it's so easy peasy you can make it everyday. You got to trust me on this one. Further, I added this vinaigrette to my modified salad nicoise from Jacques Pepin too.
 
To make the vinaigrette, you would need the following ingredients:
 
Ingredients:
 
2 tsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
 
Method:
  1. Combine all the ingredients into a jar.
  2. Shake well before serving.
*This vinaigrette can be kept refrigerated up to 2 weeks.
 
I added this vinaigrette to a bunch of rocket leaves, cherry tomatoes and sliced capiscum and toss it really well. Check it out below!!
 
 
Look at how fresh the salad was. I love the refreshing taste of the vinaigrette on this salad. Perfect for a vegan meal or a side dish to the mains.
 
I'm submitting this post to I Heart Cooking Clubs.
 
 
I'm submitting this post to Cook-Your-Books#26 organized by Joyce of kitchenflavours.
 photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg
 
Link up your recipe of the week

No comments: