Nuffnang

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Glazed Sausage Bits

For the past 2 weeks, I have been out of sorts. I either misplaced things, forget about things or just simply done things and forget to do the other. It's the same for my blog posts. Trust me, I have cooked quite a bit of food over these 2 weeks but kept thinking that I have already blogged about them and I really thought I did but ended up nah, I didn't. What is wrong with me? I'm sure if you are a fellow blogger, you might be able to relate to me. If not, let me be.
 
This week I really don't want to miss IHCC's Soiree. It's always fun to attend soirees for various reasons - to see longlost friends, to enjoy good food, etc etc. Whatever your reason may be for soirees, there is definitely no reason to miss one.
 
This time round, I'm going to make this really easy peasy hor d'hoeuvre from Jacques Pepin - glazed sausage bits.
 
Ingredients:
 
2 sausages or 1 large juice kielbasa
1/2 cup pomegranate juice
1 tbsp ketchup (I used sweet chilli sauce)
1 good dash Tabasco sauce
 
Method:
  1. Combine 1/2 cup pomegranate juice, 1 tablespoon ketchup, and a good dash of Tabasco hot pepper sauce in a medium skillet. Bring to a boil and boil the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes, or until it gets syrupy.
  2. Remove the skin from a 6-ounce piece of kielbasa or use 2 sausages as it is and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Add the sausage slices to the sauce.
  3. Cook over high heat, turning the slices occasionally, until the mixture reduces almost completely and coats the sausage slices (2 to 3 minutes).
  4. Serve as is with toothpicks or on top of Ritz crackers.

At one taste, Mr G thought it was just merely warmed bbq sauce. Haha!! tricked him! It was really nice and yummy and definitely best with martinis or even margaritas. You must try this, it won't even take you 10 minutes at all.
 
I'm submitting this to I Heart Cooking Clubs.
 
 
Link up your recipe of the week

No comments: