Nuffnang

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Asian Chicken Livers

Every month when we have a potluck, I always have so many recipes bookmarked but many a times, I would get distracted by some interesting recipe and then, the rest of the other recipes get filed away for the next potluck.
 
This time, Mr G said he wanted to eat chicken livers. I remember seeing a recipe of Jacques Pepin making Asian Chicken Livers. For those of you who do not eat innards of such like liver, kidney, stomach, intestines etc, you would probably feel faint at this point of time just at the mere mention of chicken livers. Hehe but for those of you who appreciate such, you would love this super easy peasy recipe that you can whip up in minutes!
 
This recipe is from Jacques Pepin's More Fast Food My Way.
 
Ingredients:
 
2 packs freshly packed chicken liver
5 tbsp soya sauce
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar (I replaced this 3 tbsp cider vinegar and 1 tbsp brown sugar)
1 tsp tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp sugar
5 garlic cloves, grated
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (I used parsley)
 
Method:
  1. Bring a pot of water to boil. Please ensure that the pot has sufficient space to put your chicken livers and water.
  2. Once the water is boiling, put your chicken liver in and let it cook for about 7 to 10 minutes where the liver is just cooked through and no more pink juice comes out when you poke your fork through the liver. Turn the heat down a bit if it boils over too much. If there is a lot of foam, just leave it. It will subside soon.
  3. While it is boiling, you can prep the sauce. Add all the saucing ingredients except the liver into a large bowl and mix well.
  4. Remove the liver pieces from the pot and allow it to cool for a bit.
  5. Add the warm liver pieces into the bowl mixture and cover the liver pieces with the mixture and mix well.
  6. Place the liver in the fridge for an hour or two to absorb all that sauce then enjoy!!
 

Mr G is a big fan of chicken livers, however, he had the impression that I was going to cook curried chicken livers. On the other hand, I do love this asian sauce mixture as it helps to cover a bit of the sandy chicken liver taste. This is for me though. You may think it's nice so do try it and taste for yourself :)
 
I'm submitting this to I Heart Cooking Clubs.
 
 
I'm also submitting this post to Cook-Your-Books#23 organized by Joyce of kitchenflavours.

 photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg
 

I'm submitting this post to Cook with Herbs organized by Karen of Lavender and Lovage.

Cooking with Herbs

Link up your recipe of the week

No comments: