Nuffnang

Monday, May 26, 2014

Walnut Streusel Coffee Cake

It's been a while since I last baked a streusel coffee cake. To me, a streusel coffee cake is a simple form of a basic butter cake with delight of sugar, butter and nuts mix on top. There are some days where you just don't need to eat any fancy cake with cream, style and looks. As long as there's cake, coffee or tea, you'll be satisfied. Do you think so too?
 
This streusel coffee cake was chosen by Mich of Piece of Cake. Perfect choice I would say :)
 
For us at The Home Bakers, the rule of thumb is not to post the recipe unless you chose the recipe. So for the recipe details, please go to the recipe here.
 
Like Zoe, I used only half the recipe as I don't want to overbake too much. I always feel if it's nice, you can always bake it again ;P So for the list of half the recipe of ingredients in metric measurements, you can check out Zoe's list here. For me, this yields a small loaf pan of coffee cake.
 
However, instead of using pecan nuts which is for some odd reason hard to find here, I used walnuts. That is my only variation from both Mich's and Zoe's list.
 
For some strange reason, my coffee cake looks very pale in colour and tastes rather milky in texture. It's still pretty much palatable though. I would say, eat it a day or two later together with a cup of hot coffee or tea and read a book. That would be perfect.
 

 

 
I'm submitting this post to The Home Bakers. Do check out what my other fellow THBers have made.
 
Welcome to The Home Bakers
 
 
I'm also going to submit this post to Cook-Your-Books #12 organized by Joyce of kithenflavours.
 
 
 photo 77951578-1914-4b72-8eda-9e40a91183ac_zps331eb4b4.jpg
 
 
Link up your recipe of the week


No comments: