Nuffnang

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Spicy Sticky Chicken Drumsticks

Very often, we tend to feel that cooking is a hassle especially with our hectic schedules on weekday nights. So hence, we will eat out for convenience. But of course that is another choice since you just need to go out, pay and eat. However, at times you will still want to have homecooked meals but yet not spend the whole night in the kitchen after work or whatever you need to do with prepping the food, cooking and cleaning up.
 
I found this recipe from one of Nigel Slater's choice of midweek dinners. I think it's a perfect one for me. It's very easy peasy and you need very little effort.
 
Ingredients:
 
6 large chicken drumsticks
6 heaped tbsp orange marmalade
3 tbsp wholegrain mustard
a few dashes of black pepper
 
Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 200 180 degrees celsius and set to grill mode.
  2. Put 6 chicken drumsticks onto the baking or roasting pan. You may wish to put a sheet of aluminium foil before you place the chicken drumsticks.
  3. Mix orange marmalade and mustard together with the pepper. If this is not spicy enough for you, add some chilli flakes.
  4. Spoon the seasoned marmalade over the chicken and bake for about 30 to 40 minutes. This will serve 2 to 3 pax.
 
 
To make it a complete meal, I simply sprinkle some shaved cheese onto portobello mushrooms and sliced some capsicums. Both Mr G and I simply finished 6 chicken drumsticks amongst ourselves without any rice or carbohydrates. Yes, we are definitely satisfied with this. Mr G gave an immediate thumbs up and kept repeating "I really like this chicken drumsticks. Super Yummy!!" *BEAMS* The next time I'm going to cook this, I'll spice it up further with more chilli flakes because both of us really love our food spicy!
 
I'm submitting this post to I Heart Cooking Clubs for this week's weeknight favourite. Check out what my other fellow IHCC have cooked.
 
 


Link up your recipe of the week

No comments: