Nuffnang

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies #2

Do you remember this?


Source: mycutegraphics

Yes, this is part 2 of our chocolate chip cookie throwdown!! For this part, we are going to use the Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip recipe which is featured here. My modifications are in blue below. For this throwdown, a few factors will remain the same so that comparison of tastes will be fair. Hence, no nuts will be used, quantity of sugar (brown and white) will remain the same for all recipes and all cookie batter will be refrigerated between 24 to 72 hours.

Ingredients:

281g all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
226g butter, softened
168g granulated sugar 50g caster sugar
150g brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
340g chocolate morsels
134g chopped nuts

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F 170 degrees celsius.
  2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. 
  3. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. 
  4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. 
  5. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. 
  6. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
  7. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
I followed this recipe to a T except that I refrigerated the batter or rather froze the batter after rolling them into balls of same size. I refrigerated them for at least 72 hours.




After baking, this was how it turned out to be.



Honestly, although I followed this recipe to the T, I felt that maybe I could have baked them longer than 11 or 12 minutes but then again, would that make my cookie dry? I seriously wonder. Personal preference perhaps that this cookie is a fail for me since it turned out to be a tad soft and cakey. I never liked such cookies. I love my Famous Amos!! ;) Yes, I'm a Famous Amos gal, are you too? :)

Clearly, even Mr G didn't really like this one. Ok, sorry Tollhouse, you are going down. That means for now, NY Times aka Jacque Torres rules! Till the next cookie bake.

For now, I think we are pretty sick of cookies for now ;) Peeps are asking for cake!! cake!! cake!! No more cookies! @@ 

Nevertheless, I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #36: Choc-a-cookie (October 2013) hosted by Genie of Honeybee916 Food.





1 comment:

H&H Foods said...

Delicious chocolate chip cookies, it's perfect recipe.
Cashew Nut Cookies in Vadodara