Nuffnang

Monday, August 5, 2013

Melting Moments 1.0

When I saw Julia's melting moments on Masterchef 2012, I was pretty intrigued by it since it was raved by the judges. I definitely can remember my version of melting moments that I baked for Chinese New Year. It was simple and very easy to make. Best of all, it melts in your mouth. Duh!! Heehe...yes, I love things that melt in my mouth ;P

I remember I saw the recipe from Cook.Bake.Love which I thought was easy to make. See my notes in blue.

Ingredients:
  • 125g butter, softened at room temperature (use only SCS butter for that strong, buttery flavour)
  • 40g icing sugar
  • 125g potato starch
  • 80g superfine flour (can be replaced by plain flour) (I prefer to use cake flour for that softer and airy taste)

Method:

  1. Beat butter and icing sugar till fluffy and pale yellow in colour, sift in potato starch and flour, mix to form a soft dough.
  2. Roll into small balls, arrange on lined baking pan and press lightly with a fork. Bake in preheated oven at 150C for 20 mins, upper rack.

Notes:

  • At stage 1, if you are using a mixer to mix the potato starch and flour into the butter mixture, do take extra care. Flour will fly and I do mean, fly. Use a cloth to cover or whatever it takes to avoid flying of flour @@
  • I used a 1/2 tbsp ice-cream scoop to aid the scooping of the dough as the dough is pretty soft, rolled the dough into round balls.
  • For that design in the middle, I dipped a fork in water and pressed on the cookie. 

Someday, I will try Julia's melting moments. I would like to taste how it feels like with vanilla buttercream and raspberry jam. It sounds so awesome :)

No comments: