Nuffnang

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Dark Chocolate-Almond Cake

I'm late late late for this month's bake. But I'm still here to show my bake now since it's 1 month's grace ;) For our 13th bake at The Home Bakers, we are baking dark chocolate almond cake from Lou Seibert Pappas's "Coffee Cakes". I only made half her recipe and converted all the ingredients since most of us on my side of the world uses this measurements.




For the full recipe, please look to my fellow baker Jocelyn who is hosting this bake.


If you did notice from my 1st picture above, I used baking strips to stabilise the cake and that allows the cake to have an even flat top. However, in my haste to remove the cake before it cooled, my cake top crumbled and you can see the uneven cake crumble cake slice above. Nevertheless, it was uberliciously good :)

Also, incidentally that as this month's challenge for AlphaBakes Challenge is D, I will also be sending this entry to The more than occasional baker and Caroline Makes both co-hosts of Alphabakes challenge.


Post a Comment